Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Potpourri of Santiago

This is just a mix of some of the photos I´ve taken around Santiago. Thought I would take this time to share them. Enjoy!

Católica vs. Ñublense soccer match in San Carlos
de Apoquindo. In the second period the police
came in to stop a small riot. Then a fight broke out and
some guy was dropped in one punch to the face by this guy.
Keep in mind that they were both cheering for the same team.

A view towards the area of Santiago in which
I live, from Cerro San Cristobal, the mountain
that separates the city in two regions.

An idea of how expansive Santiago is, from Cerro
San Cristobal.

The virgin Mary atop Cerro San Cristobal.

The oldest building in Santiago still standing,
Iglesia San Fransisco. Built circa 1680.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi hijo very good pictures, ask Fernanda what is important about San Francisco church! who won the soccer game I hope Catolica what was my school!

piero said...

whoa. didn't knew that san francisco church was the oldest building of MY city, haha. shame on me.