Monday, September 22, 2008

My Birthday y una fonda






These are pictures from my birthday and from a fonda that we went to on Sunday. Also included below is a video of these crazy dance acts going on there. This fonda is located in a nice part of Santiago called La Reina. The difference between this one and the others is that I could walk around taking pictures while at the other ones I can't even wear a watch or take a cell phone with me. It was pretty crazy- lots of people and tons of food and drinking. Very dramatic considering the beautiful Cordillera, or mid-range mountains, in the background. The big thing to eat are those shish kabobs and to drink is chicha which I have explained. While there, I bought a cacho which is a silver plated bull's horn that you use to drink the chicha out of. I hope to bring it back to the states and begin a new drinking phenomenon- say goodbye to the boot and hello to the cacho. Enjoy!

No comments: